Advice, Support and Professional DevelopmentSchools
Our Service is here to provide you with responsive, flexible, high quality support, challenge and advice. We share your aims and ambitions and work in genuine partnership to support you to work confidently and successfully in an increasingly challenging landscape.
- A Link Inspector whose role is to provide support, challenge and advice based on a secure understanding of your schools performance and context.
- Detailed reports structured around your school.
- Support for Governors.
- Face to face, telephone & email support and advice on a range of different areas e.g. Early Years, SEN, numeracy, literacy, teacher performance management, classroom management, teaching & learning and assessment.
- Support for Headteacher and Deputy/Assistant Headteacher appointments.
- New Headteacher and Senior Leader induction and support programme.
- NQT registration and access to the extended NQT support programme.
- Statutory monitoring; for example Phonics checks/SATs
Benefits of using our service
- We care about Gateshead’s Schools. We will always be honest with you and will both challenge and support you in all situations.
- We have extensive local knowledge of Schools and their staff, local people and their communities, and the Council and its systems.
- We have significant collective experience of teaching, leading and managing Schools, training and professional development, and carrying out Ofsted inspections.
- We are at the cutting edge of educational developments and practice through our innovative practice and our involvement with initiatives. You can rely on us to let you know what is new in education.
- We have established excellent links and relationships with local, regional and national policy and decision makers. Our support networks mean that if we cannot help, we will find someone who can.
- We offer reduced rates within our extensive CPD programme, as well as certain free events such as ‘Talking Heads’ and reduced cost for all additional ‘bought days’
“Coming to a new authority as a Head can be daunting, but Gateshead has a well established system of appointing a fellow head as mentor. The School Improvement Service provides a well-trained Link Inspector who has up to date relevant knowledge.”
How Can We Help You?
educationGateshead is there for you at the heart of our learning community!