Back in 2015, Sport England launched its This Girl Can campaign, which went viral. It dominated TV screens and billboards across England. Its images of real women and girls jiggling, wiggling and having fun generated headlines across the world. Two years on and this phenomenal campaign is back with a bang!
This Girl Can reflects Sport England’s research which focuses on the fear of judgement that stops so many women and girls being active.
From concerns over appearance, to conflicting priorities, to feeling that they simply aren’t good enough to join in – many girls have to overcome a number of emotional barriers before they make the choice to be active.
This is why the campaign celebrates the women and girls who have pushed right through those barriers and are getting active, their way, their style. It doesn’t matter how good you are, it’s just great that you are doing it!
Sport England has worked with the Association for Physical Education (afPE) to produce a range of resources to support the campaign.
Access the Newly Updated This Girl Can Resources for Schools
The original resources that afPE developed have now been refreshed and updated and have been uploaded to the ‘Partner Area’ of the This Girl Can website.
Resources for Schools include:
- Six themed workshops focused on the campaign’s emotional themes and featuring flexible and interactive tasks
- Hints and tips to help staff and students actively implement the workshop ideas
In order to access the free resources for schools you MUST register on the This Girl Can website.
Once you have registered, you can not only access the ‘Resources for Schools’ but other materials, including:
- Downloadable copies of the posters that feature in the campaign
- Downloadable images that support the campaign
- This Girl Can & partner logo’s
- Insight pack detailing the research behind the campaign
- Create your own personalised This Girl Can poster with the new marketing tool
It only takes a minute, so please support ‘This Girl Can’ by registering and help build awareness of this hugely important campaign.