CPD / What's OnConference/Course/Workshop/Meetings Information
PLEASE NOTE: SCHOOLS ARE REQUESTED TO BOOK COURSE PLACES AT LEAST 2 WEEKS IN ADVANCE.
THE EVENTS LISTED HAVE COST IMPLICATIONS FOR YOUR SCHOOL. PLEASE SECURE YOUR HEADTEACHER’S/LINE MANAGER’S PERMISSION TO ATTEND BEFORE APPLYING.
If you are interested in attending any of the courses detailed, further information on the courses, costs and how to book your place can be found in School Support and Development Programme 2016-2017 (PDF)
See the new brochure: School Support & Development Programme 2017-18
If you require any further assistance please email email@example.com or call 0191 433 8614.
These costs will be subject to change from 1st April 2016.
Courses: 2 working days (unless otherwise stated)
Conferences: 7 working days (unless otherwise stated)
Failure to notify on non-attendance within these parameters will result in the full cost of the course/conference being charged.
About CPD in Gateshead
Developing school staff is one of our most important goals – we believe your team is the cornerstone of your success. We are committed to offering a wide variety of exciting and stimulating training courses and conferences that are underpinned by current research and initiatives. Our dedicated and high quality inspectors, advisors, consultants and trainers have a wealth of knowledge and expertise in their chosen fields.
We have a wide range of training programmes in a variety of subjects that are delivered centrally. These are clearly focused on major priorities in schools and informed by the latest research and current initiatives:
These can be on any of the following areas:
- Leadership and Management – including support, guidance and development for newly appointed Headteachers, Deputy Headteachers, Heads of Department, Middle Leaders and Aspiring Leaders
- Subject specific e.g. Maths, Literacy/English, Science, SEN, Early Years, Behaviour and Attendance, Assessment for Learning, Teaching Assistants and Support Staff
- Thinking skills and personalised learning
- Health and Safety in Schools, including First Aid
- Aim higher and career aspirations
You can rely on us to let you know what’s new in education.
We are able to offer a series of support, training and development packages to individual or groups of schools. These packages take many different forms and can be tailored to meet specific needs. We are happy to deliver either in your school or another venue of your choice.
We encourage professional debate to critically evaluate information and offer advice and guidance to foster confidence to develop a critical approach in the classroom and to raise self-esteem.
We offer links into national programmes such as:
- National Professional Qualification for Headteachers (NPQH)
- Leadership Programme for Serving Headteachers (LPSH)
- Links to Higher Education Institutions (HEIs)
- National Physical Education School Sport
- Professional Development Programme (NPESSPDP) – Modules – Youth Sport Trust
- British Association Advisors Lecturers
- Physical Education (BAALPE)
- Association for Physical Education (AFPE)
- Leadership Pathways
- National programme for Specialist Leaders in Behaviour and Attendance
We periodically offer inspirational education conferences with high profile, nationally renowned speakers in leadership and management and specific subject matter. Previous inspirational conference speakers include Michael Fullan, Sue Palmer, Johnny Ball, Pie Corbett, Mick Waters, Sir John Jones, Alistair Smith, Oscar Stringer, Ruth Sutton, Charles Desforges, Anne Goldsworthy, Galina Dolya, Shirley Clarke, Dr Bill Rogers, Hywel Roberts, Sir Tim Brighouse and David Cameron.
Our approach is founded upon understanding our audience requirements. We believe that inspiring conferences and events can be spring boards for motivating and inspiring people to greater performance and success.
If you require any further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org