Developing School Support Staff
The School Workforce Development team offer a unique and varied service in providing Teaching Assistants and Support staff in schools’ professional development and personalised training. They offer a combination of bespoke and accredited training which cater for the variety of roles and responsibilities within the wider workforce.
Bespoke school based support where a member of our experienced team will work alongside support staff or school leaders to address individual school issues. For example:
- Support with Performance Management
- Effective Deployment of Support Staff
- Induction of New Staff
- Access to a wide range of centrally run training sessions.
The training is available at a variety of levels from induction to management, fully incorporates the national occupational standards and the career development framework which aims to develop the wider school workforce as a coherent, fully trained professional body.
- High quality accredited qualifications which support the career development of staff within schools.
- Level 2/3 Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Level 2/3 Children and Young Peoples’ Workforce (Early Years)
Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
Benefits of using our service
- Engaging with the Developing School Support Staff programme will support school leaders to professionally develop their whole workforce.
- Comprehensive support, advice and guidance will be provided by a dedicated team of qualified and experienced tutors and development officers.
- Access to an annual training calendar; covering a range of current topics to motivate, engage and develop staff.
- Over 12 years’ experience of successfully training and assessing Higher Level Teaching Assistants – our reputation and success rates are exceptional.
- High quality apprenticeship provision where schools are fully supported with an extensive training programme tailored to meet the individual needs of both the apprentice and school.
‘In the most effective schools; school leaders ensured that their support staff had clear professional status, were well trained, were deployed effectively and were held accountable for pupils’ learning and well-being.’
How Can We Help You?
educationGateshead is there for you at the heart of our learning community!