Early Years and Childcare Service
This service will provide you with advice and guidance on all aspects of setting up childcare, including breakfast and after school clubs and free entitlement provision for two, three and four year olds.
- Advice on setting up new childcare, whether to be run directly by the school or by the school working in partnership with a third party provider
- Guidance for primary schools on applying to increase or lower school age range and on changes to nursery PANs
- Support and advice on the implementation of the 30 hour extended entitlement for eligible 3 and 4 year olds
- We will offer you guidance and support, as you prepare for the statutory introduction of the extended free entitlement for eligible three and four year olds
Benefits of using our service
- Our staff are professionally qualified with many years of experience in supporting the development of childcare on school sites
- Our extensive knowledge of the childcare market enables us to support you during the initial planning and set- up stages
- As early innovators for the 30 hour extended entitlement, we can advise you how to prepare for its delivery
- Ongoing support once the childcare is operational
How Can We Help You?
educationGateshead is there for you at the heart of our learning community!