Gateshead Psychological Service
Our service supports schools and families to ensure that all children, including those with special educational needs and disabilities, have the opportunity to fulfil their potential. We aim to raise attainment, promote emotional well-being and achieve positive outcomes through the application of psychology to teaching, learning and behaviour.
Core Activities (Free)
- Provide you with high quality assessment leading to outcomesdriven Psychological Advice towards Education Health and Care Plans
- Offer rapid support for critical incidents and bereavement
- Assess the needs of children with SEND and help you to formulate effective evidence based interventions
- Deliver bespoke training for school staff, parents and carers
- Offer consultation, group work and therapeutic interventions
Benefits of using our service
- You will receive a named Educational Psychologist, who will provide support and advice through a series of regular visits across the year.
- All of our staff are registered with the Health and Care Professions Council and undertake regular CPD and professional supervision.
- Throughout the Team you will have access to a wide range of knowledge and skills, including autism, resilience, attachment and therapeutic approaches
- We are part of the wider educationGateshead network of services, which has a range of knowledge about the children and families within Gateshead schools.
Key Account Manager
Principal Educational Psychologist
0191 433 8550
“The EP service and support we have received has been extremely efficient and very successful…We all feel that the current relationship we have with the EP Service is one of ‘strength’ and would not wish for it to change in any way”Callum Kidd
How Can We Help You?
educationGateshead is there for you at the heart of our learning community!