Governor Support ServiceGovernor training and development
Autumn term courses 2018
|10/10/18||16:00-18:00||Effective monitoring and evaluation|
|18/10/18||10:00-12:00||Challenging and supporting your school|
|30/10/18||17:00-18:30||Safeguarding for new governors|
|01/11/18||15:00-16:00||Governor SEND Training|
|15/11/18||17:00-18:30||School Funding and Managing the Budget Effectively|
|20/11/18||16:00-17:00||Evaluating Effectiveness of the Curriculum|
|28/11/18||17:00-18:30||Data – Primary School|
|04/12/18||18:00-19:30||HR – What Governors Need to Know|
|19/12/18||17:00-19:00||Data – Secondary School|
Please note that the Prevent Strategy course on Thursday, 8th November is an additional course that is not in our training brochure, details are below:
Content – To look at:
- Requirements placed upon ‘Education’ by the introduction of the Prevent Duty
- Ofsted – Radicalisation/Extremism – Common Inspection Framework
- Schools – Governor/Senior Management responsibilities
- National picture of Terrorism
- Local examples of Terrorism/Extremism over last 40 years
- Vulnerable Individuals and the risk of radicalisation
- Social Media
- Safeguarding and Support
- Case Study – short workshop highlighting ‘Notice/Check/Share’ within a school environment.
Who is it for? – All governors, particularly safeguarding link governors.
All training courses take place in rooms at the Dryden Centre, Evistones Road, Low Fell, NE9 5UR. Training rooms for courses will be shown on the main screen when you walk into the reception area on the day of the course, and there is a map attached below that will tell you where the room is if you haven’t visited the Dryden Centre before.To book onto any training courses, please contact John Finch at JohnFinch@gateshead.gov.uk with the name of your school at which you are a governor, and the course(s) that you would like to book onto.
There is also a map below showing visitors how to get to the Dryden Centre.