Performance DataAcademic Year 2017-2018
The Gateshead school performance monitoring team provides robust reports and information for a variety of audiences: school leaders; governors; link inspectors; Gateshead’s Oversight and Scrutiny Committee and Cabinet; and the local press.
We use a number of data sources. As a member of the National Consortium for Examination Reporting (NCER) we use the data the consortium supplies, and their software services, to produce early reports on key performance indicators at all Key Stages along with our own bespoke reports. Other data sources include: returns provided by schools; the DfE’s ‘Analyse School Performance’ reports; the Department for Education’s statistical releases; Fischer Family Trust’s analyses; Ofsted’s ‘Inspection Data Summary Reports’; and Acorn demographic data.
We routinely download sets of performance data when they are released and store them in our own data base so that we can interrogate the data for our own research purposes when questions arise.
School Performance Data AdviserFor further information/enquiries please contact:
0191 433 8607
- 36% Outstanding Primary schools (This includes primary special schools)
- 94% Good and Outstanding Primary schools
- 78% EXS+ in Reading National Average = 75%
- 72% EXS+ in Writing National Average =70%
- 77% EXS+ in Maths National Average =76%
- 83% EXS+ in Science National Average =83%
- Average Attainment 8 score 46.2, = 1st in North East region, 2nd among statistical neighbours and above national average of 44.5.
- 70% reached the expected standard in Reading, writing and maths, which is top amongst our statistical neighbours =19th in England. National average is 65%.
Watchsted.com Data Tables – as of June 2019
courtesy of watchsted.com – these tables will be updated regularly
Primary and Secondary - % Pupils - North East
Primary - % Pupils - North East
Secondary - % Pupils - North East
How Can We Help You?
educationGateshead is there for you at the heart of our learning community!