Over 90% of all Gateshead schools subscribe to our services. Gateshead Schools’ Music Service helps schools to provide high quality music experiences for young people. These include the opportunity to sing, play musical instruments and contribute to outstanding choral and ensemble performances.
- We enhance Curriculum Music through a range of high quality additional inputs including imaginative first access programmes in primary schools, a requirement of the National Plan for Music Education.
- We provide individual and small group instrumental tuition leading to progression through graded instrumental exams. We also produce bespoke inputs such as our innovative workshop, singing and early years’ programmes.
- Free instrument hire is included as part of your contract
- All employees are DBS checked and cleared and performance managed
Benefits of using our service
- We work with a wide range of external partners including The Sage Gateshead and the local Music Education Hub
- Our service is enhanced through its strong links to School Improvement and other Education Support and Curriculum Services within the Local Authority
- Children and young people in service provision have automatic access to borough-wide ensembles
- We provide regular updates about service activity and can ring us at any time
- We are always happy to discuss your emerging needs and provide you with a quote
Key Account Manager
Manager and Hub Lead
Administrator and contact for quotations
“We have brilliant team of instrumental tutors, who go above and beyond the call of duty each year to prepare our annual school concert.”Mr Matthew Thompson
“GSMS provides an excellent week-by-week service, supporting ensembles and choirs in school and culminating in outstanding performance opportunities for our students both in and out of school. This year our successes included a joint Christmas concert and “Late Show” performances and the Shipley Art Gallery”.Mr James Potter