SENITSpecial Educational Needs Improvement Team
Our Service supports schools and settings to meet the needs of children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) by providing high quality assessment and intervention in an equitable, timely and integrated way, alongside School, Health and Social Care partners.
- Support you in providing the graduated response to SEND outlined in the Code of Practice (0-25), 2015
- Provide specialist assessment of individuals’ strengths and difficulties
- Work with staff to deliver timely early intervention and personalised provision for students
- Empower your setting to sustain collaborative, personcentred and multi-disciplinary working
- Advise on strategies to enable access to learning
Benefits of using our service
- Our team of professionals has extensive experience of working across all ages (0-25 years), and has up to-date knowledge of developments in Education and in Special Education Needs and Disabilities at Local, Regional and National level.
- Low Incidence Needs Team (LINT) staff have specialist qualifications in the areas of Hearing and/ or Vision Impairment.
- High Incidence Needs Team (HINT) staff have specialist qualifications in one or more areas of SEND, including specific Learning Difficulties/ Dyslexia, Physical and Medical Needs, Complex Social Communication including Autism, Speech, Language and Communication Needs, and General Learning Needs.
Key Account Manager
0191 477 3186
0191 433 8539
“A fab service in which the initial response time is great, this allows us to gain additional knowledge, have an independent professional confirm/question our perceptions of the students difficulties. Suggested strategies that we may not have thought of and professionals to bounce ideas off and discuss.”
“Whenever staff from SENIT attend reviews, they always explain issues to parents/carers in a manner which is sensitive whilst always being honest”.
“I feel comfortable to be able to ring and just talk through things we are unsure about, knowing that no matter how trivial (or naïve), support will always be at hand”.
How Can We Help You?
educationGateshead is there for you at the heart of our learning community!